T-Shirt Design Contest
Thank you so much for your interest in our T-shirt design contest for The 17 Annual North Carolina Blackberry Festival. We’re very excited to bring this new competition to the festival this year and look forward to seeing the beautiful designs. In the following paragraphs you should find the answer to most questions you may have, and well as how to enter. If you have any other questions, please contact Candice Simmons by phone or email. Phone: 828-726-0616 Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You must be 16 years or older to enter this contest, interested individuals that are under the age of 18 must have parent or guardian permission.
- The contest begins on Thursday, April 19th.
- Entries must be submitted by the midnight deadline on Thursday, June 14th.
- Winners will be notified by June 22nd via phone or email, as well as an announcement on The North Carolina Blackberry Festival website.
- You may submit up to 2 designs, however they must be submitted as separate entries.
- The fee per entry is $10.00. You may pay with cash, check, or PayPal. Checks should be made out to Caldwell Chamber of Commerce.
- Payment is due at the time of entry.
- Your design can be on the front of the shirt only.
- Your design must be wholly original. By submitting a design you are guaranteeing that you hold rights to everything in it, and that it does not contain any copyrighted material, including images/copy found on the internet, unless clearly marked as published under a creative commons (cc) license.
- The Caldwell Chamber of Commerce will have printing rights to the winning design. By submitting you agree that if your design wins, it can be used by the North Carolina Blackberry Festival on a t-shirt and other promotional items, marketing and public relations materials. The winner and image of the design will be recognized in our official website and on social media.
Design guidelines & Specifications
- The design approach may be traditional or abstract, but it must be clearly themed around blackberries.
- Design submission should be saved to 300 dpi to produce a quality output. Acceptable files are high resolution JPGs, TIFFs, AI and EPS files.
- While it is not required, should you wish to center your design around our logo, you may reach out to Candice Simmons at email@example.com for a high resolution file of the North Carolina Blackberry Festival logo as well as the matching color codes.
- The design should be on the front of the shirt and should be contained within a 14 inch by 17 inch area.
- Your submission may include a small signature at the bottom, as long as the signature does not hinder the overall design.
Designs will be judged on the following criteria
- Concept and originality.
- How well the design captures the spirit of The North Carolina Blackberry Festival.
- Striking and memorable design.
- Eye-catching and visible from a distance.
- Completeness of design – must be ready for print.
Designs will be judged by an experienced panel of judges within Caldwell County.
- The first place winner will have their T-shirt printed and sold as an official 2018 North Carolina Blackberry Festival T-Shirt, a $100 cash prize, social media recognition on the NC Blackberry Festival Page with nearly 5,000 followers, and a winners announcement on the official website.
- The second and third place winners will receive honorable mentions on the NC Blackberry Festival website and social media recognition.
- Community vote– All properly submitted designs will be placed in an album on the North Carolina Blackberry Festival Facebook for all to see on June 14th. On June 22nd, the design with the most likes will receive a $25 cash prize, as well as social media recognition.
How to Enter
- To enter you must first email or drop off the necessary forms, signed and dated, to Candice Simmons and remit payment via cash, check, or PayPal.
- You must have your print ready design emailed to Candice Simmons at firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on June 14th.
- There will be no refunds issued to those who submit a payment but do not submit a design.